How do you guys do this?

• 3 Replies

Offline juhj

• This happens when I can't finish a level D:
    • View Profile
How do you guys do this?
« on: September 12, 2013, 19:04:21 »
On some levels like A Knytt in Time by egomassive or The Valley by Green Cookie when you go to the next screen even though there isn't next one you go to another one.
Can someone tell me how to do this?
image removed, became invalid
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: How do you guys do this?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 22:19:47 »
You use warps or shifts.

A warp is a shift that activates when you exit the current screen in either of 4 directions. Each exit can lead to a different screen actually.

A shift is the same, except you have one location on your screen that either activates by touching or activating.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 00:29:55 »
You're almost there Juhj. You've added the Warp object, but you need to tell it what to do. There is a file in your level's folder called "World.ini". This is where you write all the instructions that tell objects how to behave. Since you're using the KS+ level editor I'll tell you how to do it within the program.

First click on the SCRIPT button found at the middle of the right window edge. This will expand the window and reveal the script editor. (Yours may look different from mine if you're making a KS+ level.) In the middle of this pane is a row of tabs. Select the WARP tab. Near the top you will see buttons for WARP UP, WARP DOWN, etc. Clicking on WARP RIGHT will allow you to edit where the character travels to when she exits the right side of the screen. Enter a value in the field labeled X CHANGE and press Enter/Return on your keyboard. In my screen shot the character will travel 27 screens to the left after she exits to the right, so that's 26 screens left of the current screen. I know that's confusing, so alternatively you can enter the coordinates of the destination screen in the X TARGET and Y TARGET fields. Make sure you save before testing.

Here's more stuff you should know. For X CHANGE a negative value moves Juni left. For Y Change a negative value moves Juni up. Flag Warps have nothing to do with the Warp object. Hit F1 on your keyboard while hovering the mouse pointer over any part of the Level Editor Plus program to get info on what stuff does.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 00:42:00 by egomassive »

Offline juhj

• This happens when I can't finish a level D:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 14:22:59 »
Thank you, guys! Gives a :hiddenstar:
image removed, became invalid
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.