Sky Island by Tayuma

• 7 Replies

Offline powderj

• View Profile
Sky Island by Tayuma
« on: May 14, 2011, 06:21:12 »
**This is not my level**

If it is not appropriate to link another persons level I'll be happy to delete this post.

That said this level:

http://www.knyttlevels.com/levels/Tayuma%20-%20Sky%20Island.knytt.bin

...Which was uploaded a few days ago is polished, balanced and a really fun level.  It makes me happy that somewhere out there on the internet people are still making neat Knytt Stories levels.  Ive only made it about a third of the way through and with my limited knowledge of the level editor i'm starting to think it's a demo and I can't figure out how to proceed further.

Check it out.  I think this forum will enjoy it.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
Re: Sky Island by Tayuma
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 08:01:31 »
Yes, the level is great so far, but I'm stuck.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 14:59:30 »
Wow! This level is huge and very impressive. The place where I got stuck indeed appears to be bugged. It can be passed with a cheat or I can upload a modified version of the level. There are numerous wall-swims and voids, but this one is the only game breaking bug.

Offline powderj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 17:25:14 »
I'd love it if you could upload a modified version of this level.  I've really enjoyed what I've seen so far!

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 03:31:44 »

Offline powderj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 03:19:57 »
Thanks GF!  I've been working through this one all day.  This is a very impressive level even with the numerous glitches.  If the bugs were fixed and a little story was added this would be one of the top new levels I've played in the last year.  Still a very fun time!

Offline Mitorun

• Web Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Knytt Stories fan website
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 22:41:58 »
Played this level when he appeared, it was very exciting, is now back to its passage. Stuck to a certain point and it was necessary to carefully check all the sites and portals.
As a result, I decided to sew all the screens level and make a full-size map. Not only because there is nothing to spend time)
Just level really interesting and wanted to see all of his maze, as well as learn how to create panoramic pictures by gluing some screenshots.
As a result, only one place "Black dungeon" turned resolution 27090x5383p! Although the size of the PNG file is only 1MB.
In the end it turned out that the game does not pass further - a dead end. Such a strong disappointment of the game has never experienced before. And I really want to continue playing it.

Can someone will return the project to life? For many diagonal transitions between screens suggests a solution of the level egomassive - TToK (by the way there just waiting to continue. Very pleasant experience on the level with uniform design).

I apologize in advance if the text is not clear. English know is bad, translate using google-translate. In the attached map of the starting place

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 04:52:06 »
@Mitorun: I'm still around. I work on TToK here and there. :)