[SOLVED] Cutscene shows up as blank?

• 3 Replies

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
[SOLVED] Cutscene shows up as blank?
« on: January 14, 2014, 17:43:49 »
I'm not really even sure how to phrase this question, but I hope someone gets what I'm trying to say.

I'm trying to use a shift to just play a cutscene - that is, shift the player to the exact position they are already standing on but play a cutscene. Now, I've done this before and got it to work (I don't recall it being particularly hard to do), but now I'm screwing something up.

I have Absolute target, Invisible and Autosave game turned on for the shift, no sound effect. The cutscene I'm trying to get it to play just shows up as white when I activate the shift, even though I did insert the image. The image is the right size. The other two cutscenes I have (default Ending and Intro) work fine if I set them to play on this particular shift, but the new one doesn't. (I used the manager to make it, if that matters.) What could be causing this?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 00:25:38 by Yukabacera »
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline Tablecat

• View Profile
Re: Cutscene shows up as blank?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 20:27:45 »
Send me the level and give me a more accurate description of what you're actually trying to do.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 21:21:36 »
Check your spelling. Its case sensitive. I bet it plays blank because it doesn't find the file due to a spelling error.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 00:24:25 »
Well, I fixed it! It seems like the image was the wrong size or something, even though I double-checked. Honestly I'm not quite sure how it worked, but what I did was is take the Scene1.png from the Intro cutscene, overwrite my Scene1 in my cutscene folder with it, and then paste my image into it and save it. And it worked.  :P2

Thanks for the help! I'll put "SOLVED" in the topic now, I guess.
:hiddenstar: My only one.