Stop-motion video

• 5 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Stop-motion video
« on: April 05, 2014, 05:32:32 »
This is my sister's work, but she's becoming so accomplished at stop-motion that I wanted to share it with you guys.

http://genero.tv/watch-video/38062

It is for a contest, but this is not a plea for votes. The winner is judged by the song's performer. She's probably the most artistically talented one in the family, which is a title I have begrudgingly relinquished to her in recent years. I tried to talk her into painting watercolor assets for a Saira level a couple years back, but she declined. She prefers to work alone.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 05:35:03 by egomassive »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Stop-motion video
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 18:10:29 »
Wow! Just Wow!

She's really good. There were numerous times where I completely forgot this was stop motion. In fact, there were moments where I forgot they were puppets in the first place. She's able to capture the movements so realisticly! Awesome.

Thanks for sharing this.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 22:58:47 »
The video is just amazing. And those guys in silver masks are so scary...
I watched the other video with jazz dancers and I must confess I liked it even more.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 04:56:31 »
For those who'd like to know more: Her process involves finding footage of live performers and editing it into her own choreography. She spent days watching ballets on YouTube to find pieces for this sequence. She makes her own doll costumes and heavily modifies the dolls themselves. She has zero professional shooting equipment or software. The lights are normal desk lamps. The camera is a web cam. The software is some free program running on Linux.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 20:31:14 »
My sister is still working diligently on her stop-motion videos. I thought I'd post a link to her latest Christmas themed video to wish you all a merry Christmas.

Jingle Elf on Youtube

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 21:48:07 »
Lovely. :) Thanks for sharing.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex