• 18 Replies

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
Re: [Maze/Puzzle][Medium][Normal] Escape from Knyttstein
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 16:42:53 »
Thanks for the kind words :)

I originally thought of that "room in the background" effect to paliate the relative lack of background detail this level had compared to conventional outdoors KS levels. Things have changed a little since the original concept version.

To be honest, I didn't expect the KS community to be alive and kicking after all this time, but I'm glad I was wrong. It was a really nice surprise when I came back to check the forums :D That was part of the reason I got into making KS levels again. I still have a lot to catch up to, though (which is a good thing, since this means there are a ton of levels and mods for me to discover and try :P )
Some KS levels by me:

Offline plural

• twice shy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 18:12:36 »
The amount of time and effort it takes to have different outcomes represented on screen (the endings in this level) is a horrible time eater. The level was interesting and fun but knowing how much work goes into making different outcomes possible it's very easy to see why you'd abandon the level in the first place. You have my amusement and sympathy. Good job.

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 00:56:21 »
Thanks for your opinion and encouragement :) I'm definitely glad I decided to finish and release this level, instead of leaving it collecting digital dust in my old hard drive.

Making the scoring system was a bit tedious, yeah. I really wanted to add a sixth treasure chest, but that exponential progression quickly convinced me otherwise :P
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 03:36:40 »
I have to admit that this level had me lost for a few minutes until I started methodically searching for the way forward. I found all but one treasure the first play-through so I had to play again. It was still fun the second time.