Xeia question

• 4 Replies

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
Xeia question
« on: August 16, 2015, 19:27:19 »
Well, I can't reach the ghost eye. It's a very hard jump and looks impossible. It's a shame, because I'm sure I would like this level. Any advice on how to obtain the eye will be appreciated.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 19:30:18 by CWolvie »
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
Re: Xeia question
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 19:53:46 »
You know what, I'd advise against playing this level.

It's a cavalcade of unfair jumps and enemy placement. Put simply, it isn't fun.

Incidentally, you are just supposed to keep jumping until you get it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 20:14:19 by Fubaka »
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 20:19:29 »
I found it in the Knyttlevels archive and gave it a try out of curiosity. I might be mistaken, but there doesn't seem to be any other way to reach that power-up except executing a really precise double jump (in fact, the entire level seems to be based on pixel-perfect jump challenges, which aren't exactly my cup of tea). On top of that, you have to land on a very specific spot in the water pit below, and that spot is not visible until you get the eye. This means you're practically guaranteed to fail the first time you manage to reach the power-up, so you'll have to repeat the process quite a few times.

I suppose you could use the cheat code or the level editor to skip that part, if you want to check out the rest of the level.
Some KS levels by me:

Offline CWolvie

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 19:22:26 »
Incidentally, you are just supposed to keep jumping until you get it.

I know, but the hidden meaning behind this topic is...does anyone know any tricks to get it without just jumping again and again. :)

I suppose you could use the cheat code or the level editor to skip that part, if you want to check out the rest of the level.

But it's unfair, because you can quickly lost your interest in playing it to the end. I prefer non-cheating way to finish every level which I'm playing at the moment.

Anyway, thank you both for your advices. I'll give it a try. :)
Finished levels:
(my first try)

“Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.” ~ Khalil Gibran

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 20:06:51 »
I know, but the hidden meaning behind this topic is...does anyone know any tricks to get it without just jumping again and again. :)

That is what I mean. There are no tricks there, you just have to jump at it.
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything