[Small/Challenge/Very Hard/KS+] Every Single Golden Creature on One Screen

• 14 Replies

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
hello !!!  I am Ultigonoinionoo, I make GRATE level fo r you enjoy !  it took me FIVE YEARS effort to finish and is AMAZING show of egomassive's KNYTT STORIES PLUS mod !

Download Fifty Golden Creatures

Fifty Golden Creatures is a shower level.  You know, the kind of level where you're taking a shower and then you go "wow, that's the dumbest idea I've ever come up with!  let's try it!!!"  Featuring two custom objects, a custom sound (by smokeyvw@freesound), and custom music that's really just a song I made a long time ago with some tweaks, Fifty Golden Creatures had about fifty times more effort put into it than it actually deserved.

It's dumb.  It's kind of hard.  I hope you enjoy it.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 00:21:00 by Ultigonio »
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
I really like the
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
, as well as the
there. I bet this is going to be really satisfying for players who, unlike me, decide not to cheat.

:D
(All joking aside, I really do like those things.)

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
This was surprisingly challenging. Music is perfect to get you to keep trying, too.

Also, this:

hello !!!  I am Ultigonoinionoo, I make GRATE level fo r you enjoy !  it took me FIVE YEARS effort to finish and is AMAZING show of egomassive's KNYTT STORIES PLUS mod !

Might be a trigger warning for some of our users. :P

I should point out a bug though. Maybe you don't care, but here it is:

Good level!
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile

I bet this is going to be really satisfying for players who, unlike me, decide not to cheat.
I can't blame you for cheating.  It seems like I've somehow gotten worse at this level over time, now I can't beat it at all! :P2
I'm glad you liked the little touches I put in!  I figured that, as long as I was going to put an insanely minimal amount of effort into the level design, I may as well place some effort on the other things.
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
I enjoyed it. I beat it without cheating, but it took me a while. I don't know how I maintained patience, but losing patience would likely make it impossible. The music was a great help in keeping the right mood.

I was surprised that the water creature was behaving that way, but that's actually legacy behavior from original KS. It's classified a creature that bounces off walls, even though it doesn't walk. However, the fire-shooting ceiling-crawler should be shooting in 3 directions when it stops at the edge. Expect this level to be slightly harder when I fix that. ;)

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
Took me about 20 minutes to beat this bad boy.

I enjoyed the challenge, and the

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio

Pathetic tales of utter and complete fail aside, I enjoyed the challenge and the music. This might be the first "room full of monsters" level that is actually enjoyable for me :)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 16:20:04 by Vegetal Gibber »
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
Ah, I'm so sorry! I caught that only minutes after posting the thread, so I tried to make some quick edits and pretend it didn't happen, but clearly, you were too quick for me.  Darn!  I'm glad you enjoyed it, though - the satisfaction of collecting golden creatures and having the number of threats gradually decrease makes it surprisingly satisfying to play, I've found.

I was surprised that the water creature was behaving that way, but that's actually legacy behavior from original KS. It's classified a creature that bounces off walls, even though it doesn't walk.
Interesting!  I was wondering why its collision with the ground-creature-block tile was doing that.
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
To be honest, I did feel a bit frustrated for a while, after trying so hard with the first version (before I knew of the existence of a patch). I thought there was an hologram power-up hidden somewhere, or maybe a clever way to collect those creatures that I just couldn't figure out. Then, when I finally realized what had happened, I couldn't help but laugh my ass off at myself... which I think made the whole experience even more hilarious XD
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 16:23:58 by Vegetal Gibber »
Some KS levels by me:

Offline David C

• View Profile
I liked the confetti thing but i was dissapointed that there was no "big ending" considering how many times i tried. Oh well, i guess.

Definitely objectively the best Knytt Stories level ever made, true art

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
I did it!

I did it!

I did it!

I did it!

I AM A GOD AMONGST KNYTTS! BOW BEFORE ME LOSERS FOR I BEAT THIS LEVEL!

Spoiler: My actual commentary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:19:23 by Talps »

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
I liked the confetti thing but i was dissapointed that there was no "big ending" considering how many times i tried. Oh well, i guess.
Aww, sorry!  I only wanted this to be an hour-or-so-long break from Deep Freeze development, so I didn't put a bunch of time into much of anything.  Honestly, I was expecting the creation time for this level to be only 30 minutes (mostly just ensuring that the level was actually beatable), but that ballooned into two hours as I got ideas for little things I'd like to add to make it feel like a proper level.  Guess I have to at least obey my own standards to some degree.

I AM A GOD AMONGST KNYTTS! BOW BEFORE ME LOSERS FOR I BEAT THIS LEVEL!
I'm so proud of you, Talps.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:38:29 by Ultigonio »
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
If I don't edit a post at least four times after posting it you know I've been kidnapped and replaced with an imposter.

That was very hard - although I finally beat it. The trickiest part by far for me was getting the projectile creatures up on the central shelf. Thanks for making this level, I had fun playing it.  :)

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
I don't know what I was expecting.