Forum Logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 13:51:41 | See new unread posts
Home Help Search Arcade Chat Login Register

nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Released Games  |  Knytt Stories  |  Topic: EPIC KS Level Competition, Mark II - DEADLINE CHANGED AGAIN AAAGH!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: EPIC KS Level Competition, Mark II - DEADLINE CHANGED AGAIN AAAGH!!!  (Read 12704 times)
GrayFace

Total My honestly gotten stars: 54

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2017, 09:11:09 »

Just a note about counting screens - if you open Map.bin as an archive (by renaming it into ZIP or with Ctrl+Shift+PgDn in Total Commander), 300 screens would be 885 KB when unpacked.

Vegetal Gibber

Total My honestly gotten stars: 113

Sorry excuse for a game designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2017, 12:19:19 »

Alternatively, you can drag and drop the Map.bin file onto my very simple KS Screen Count utility, which will do the calculation for you. Note however that some levels seem to be affected by a very strange bug in the KS Editor that sometimes causes the Map.bin file to be filled with a lot of null garbage data, which increases the uncompressed file size by a lot (about 20-30MB, sometimes even more) and throws off the reported screen count as a result. This is quite rare, though, so you'll get the correct screen count most of the time.

Some KS levels by me:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Print 
nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Released Games  |  Knytt Stories  |  Topic: EPIC KS Level Competition, Mark II - DEADLINE CHANGED AGAIN AAAGH!!! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length