Through the Swamp [small/environmental/KS+]

• 24 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: Through the Swamp [small/environmental/KS+]
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 06:22:38 »
By the way, Vegetal Gibber made some funny fan art. If you've completed the game the you should check it out for a laugh.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Hah, well, it seems I haven't used the editor to its full potential yet, then! :P Still cool, nonetheless.
In the Misc tab check the Overlay box. Layer 2 moves between layers 6 and 7 for that screen. Be careful though. Nothing on layer 7 will collide with anything on another layer. So, water on layer 7 wont kill. Creatures on layer 7 will ignore collision tiles on layer 3. Stuff like that.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 06:26:26 by egomassive »

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 09:52:06 »
I agree with every compliment said in this thread. Lovely level!

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 04:11:51 »
Great stuff! No wonder your ego is so massive!

I truely enjoyed everything in the level, and I do believe you hit the nail on the head for "enough exploration and enough immersion."

It did feel very WADF to me without consciously realizing why, so good job on the homages there, too.  :)

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 03:39:14 »
This was a fantastic level! Can't say anything that hasn't already been said. Truly a masterpiece.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 02:34:16 »
I've updated this level. You can use the same old links in the opening post. This is a very minor update with 2 grammar fixes and 2 SGEs that are extremely slight. I've also updated the reference collage to include Raicuparta's eating girl graphic. I'll put that here in a spoiler.
Spoiler: references (click to show/hide)

P.S. Thanks for the kind reviews from people who have commented since the last time I said thanks. :)

Offline plural

• twice shy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2016, 09:13:11 »
This level was so crisp, clean, and beautifully put together. egomassive's levels always have that veneer of quality that makes them feel as polished as a game you might pay for. It's always a bit humbling to see them.

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 16:05:46 »
Really charming level! Found all endings and toasts!
The cutsecenes are the best of any knytt level so far C)p

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2023, 18:33:36 »
Ok, time to start commenting on some threads, finally. Apologies for taking so long.

This was one of the first things I played after returning to KS a few months ago, and it's actually a little intimidating - it's that good! I enjoyed it thoroughly, though I had some trouble at first because I had to refamiliarise myself with how to play KS and how to look for clues in a level. There's a sort of grammar to this kind of thing, and I'd mostly forgotten it.

Well. I've found all the keys, and all the toasts, and all the endings, I think. I was a bit unsure if I was supposed to find a way to get to that little guy fishing near the beginning, since there are doorways visible there (I kept looking for secret passages in the caves!), but now that I've checked this thread, I guess I can give up on that quest. :D

Special mention: the custom objects, of course, but even more so: the wonderfully dense tree layering in the background that is *not* a gradient. Awesome.

Offline fabiche

• I love 2D games :-D
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2023, 14:04:27 »
Nothing more to add that hasn't been said before, I loved the change of scenery and I loved going through this level.
THANK YOU  ;-)

Offline Alen13ASC

• Big fan of Knytt stories, also a MCU fan too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2024, 19:25:35 »