A Knytt Stories fansite - Across the Juniverse [UPDATED 09/28/19]

• 17 Replies

Offline SC

• Ha-ha-ha! Videogames! *laugh track*
    • View Profile
    • My personal website!
UPDATE 9/3/2017: Had to change the URL AGAIN since the original domain is expiring (and .tech domains are 'spensive, y'all). Make sure to update your bookmarks!

UPDATE 9/11/2016: Had to change the URL since the original host shut down, OOPS. Site should be back now, though!!

Hey there, folks! It's been a while since I've posted on the forum. But I'm back, and I'm here to announce my latest creation:

Across the Juniverse!
(it's a link! click it!)

This is a project that me and my good friend Marin (who you might know as rainulous on the forums) have worked on for the past couple of months. It's a Knytt Stories/Nifflas fansite and it has details on games, mods, and even has links to levels and resources for your levels!

We spent a lot of time (and we spent a lot of time procrastinating) on this, so we would really like it if you can check the site out and give us some feedback!! We're open to any and all criticism. (As long as it isn't something like "THIS SUCKS LMAO" and nothing else.)

Thanks, and have fun.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 20:52:10 by SC »

Offline rainulous

• I never picked up the key.
    • View Profile
    • Hartje Music
Re: A Knytt Stories fansite - Across the Juniverse
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 23:20:09 »
Oh, nice. We finally got to a point where it could be posted here - soon it should have its own domain/subdomain, but thanks to some Fun Times™ with SSL that hasn't happened yet.
Hopefully we'll keep it updated and add more levels/resources when we have the chance to.
Thanks for the stars, everyone!

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 23:49:22 »
It's nice! :) I especially appreciate the links to music sites in the 'resources' section, and there are a few levels mentioned in there that I haven't played, so I'll give some a look.

Don't know if it matters but one of the endings of Saira implies that is set in the KS universe (sorry, Juniverse), too.

Also, 'cute' is a new one.

Offline David C

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 08:47:57 »
nice site! I didn't see if you added a link to this guide on that site, but if you didn't, it would be a very useful addition for someone new to the knytt stories editor : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/557718/KS_LvlEdit.pdf

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 11:01:13 »
This is just beautiful! I love the look of this site.

Also, I'd suggest adding Dark Sea & Dark Sea 2 to Hard Challenges and Endless Winter to Group Collaborations.

edit: In the Resources section: "Advena tilesets - A bunch of stuff Fubaka has made over the years.". Wasn't it Purple Ink who made them?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 11:11:53 by ixMarcel »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 12:33:21 »
That's a nice looking site. I definitely didn't pick up on the 2007 feel you were going for. It certainly could have been created in `07, but to me the refinement and restraint make it almost timeless. I'd also say that the design aesthetic was informed by the games the site honors, so I can't imagine a more appropriate way for the site to look.

I greatly appreciate that you two advocate the use of KS+. The public, including some long time KS players, are still squeamish about it. My own browsers recommend I delete the files when I test the download links. :/ Anyway, it gets many mentions on your site, from the about page to the custom level lists. If I were wondering if KS+ was a safe download and I found the Juniverse, I would be more than reassured. So, thank you.

I'm curious where the site is going from here. Do you you intend to extend your lists of level? Will the site stay pretty much as it is?
Edit: Silly me. I just reread Rainulous' post above where mention his future plans.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 16:09:56 by egomassive »

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 15:31:27 »
This is a really nice website. I was very happy to see you mention Rainy Day Adventure, My Super Secret Basement, and those unused Nurykabe tracks. I personally hope that the list of levels by other people expands a bit, but I'll try to refrain from giving suggestions as I'd rather hear your voices than drown them out with my own.

...um... some by Farik or dessgeega could be good...

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 04:01:34 »
Really nice site! I like the simple and straight-froward feel to it. I also like the different sections and how they're broken down.

And I was surprised to see Advena there! C)

edit: In the Resources section: "Advena tilesets - A bunch of stuff Fubaka has made over the years.". Wasn't it Purple Ink who made them?

Ha, yeah. Fubaka made 2 of those tilesets. I made the rest.

Offline SC

• View Profile
    • My personal website!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 20:13:27 »
BAM! New update! Added a few levels to the other levels page, changed the header image, did some fixes here and there, added a new level to MY levels page, etc.

...and you thought the site would never update again, didn't you? For shame. SHAAAAMMMEEE.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 05:11:39 »
Yay! I was looking at this just the other day and thinking it would never update, so I am thoroughly shamed. Have a :hiddenstar: to make up for it… you may notice some interesting side-effects.

Offline rainulous

• I never picked up the key.
    • View Profile
    • Hartje Music
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 14:45:52 »
I'm hoping soon we'll have more regular updates, instead of leaving the site abandoned for months at a time - I'm even working on a level again for it.
Thanks for the stars, everyone!

Offline SC

• View Profile
    • My personal website!
Re: A Knytt Stories fansite - Across the Juniverse [UPDATED 9/3/2017]
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 03:05:48 »
Minor update. Changed the domain around, so make sure to update your bookmarks since the original domain is expiring soon!

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 13:08:04 »
I get a "This connection is not trusted" error message every time I try to access due to some issue with the SSL certificate (maybe it doesn't match the new domain name?). The only way I can get the page to load is by clicking on the small banner featured on your main site, although this workaround only seems to work in Chrome.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems to be working correctly now (09/16).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 00:57:31 by Vegetal Gibber »
Some KS levels by me:

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 18:43:27 »
Spriteclad, thanks for this website, it helped to get me into the mood to play Knytt again. I tried Runaround and it's very good.

Offline SC

• View Profile
    • My personal website!
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2018, 01:40:56 »
Boom! New update! Added a few levels, and tweaked a few things overall. I'm hoping to give the CSS (and maybe the content?) an overhaul sometime in 2019. We'll see, though.

Check the update here!