KS Custom Content Archive [UPDATED 2022]

• 27 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: KS Custom Content Archive [UPDATED Febuary 2021]
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2021, 19:03:23 »
I just uploaded my never-before-released Central Library tileset to the dropbox. They should go in the New Knytt City category. They were made for a level DJ Gopher was making, along with the Savanah and the Thin Forest edits.

Oh! And I just saw I have a version of Dr. Wood's Lab where I replaced the elements specific to the Endless Winter level with more lab graphics. I'll send that one too.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2021, 22:43:21 »
Uploaded some more tilesets I have found in old levels (or shamelessly ripped from, to be precise) I downloaded from the archive. I vaguely remember some level using Nurykabe tileset that wasn't included in default ones, so I will continue this.

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2021, 02:08:08 »
Hey that was my plan to do as next step! However, thanks for doing a part of it. You've done good work.
I plan doing some data analysis, since I already downloaded all the levels from the archive a few months ago, and stitched together some tools to export and analyse them. However a lot of manual work will be required, so having some of the these tilesets linked to their authors in filenames will help me a lot (I will be able to match them with the analysed content).
I wanted to announce this idea later, when I would be sure,  but after reading your post I realized, I could make it much easier for you right now, when you want to continue extracting the tilesets. If you want, I can send you all the exported tilesets at once, however I need some time to polish some things in the scripts to make the export more useful.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2021, 02:27:26 »
Wow, data analysis! I would use much cruder methods for such thing.
If I can help with something, like some manual renaming of tileset etc., feel free to send it.

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2021, 00:39:15 »
In the first quater of this year I worked on a project making the tilesets browsable more easily. Unfortunatelly it kinda stalled and I did not finish it yet, since I somehow lost the flow. Recently when I was reading posts on Niffcord I noticed a few mentions about this Custom Content archive and realized it is quite shame I never published it despite mentioning I am working on that. I realized I made a alpha test version of the archive, so I decided to publish it "as is" for now, since it could be useful anyways.
Getting back to the project after a half of year could be a challenge, but I am considering continuing my work on it. That is also why I am posting this to get some feedback and maybe some insight what to do next. I had big plans with this project, and got a bit overwhelmed - just that probably was the case I discontinued it for some time.

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
Re: KS Custom Content Archive [UPDATED 2022]
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2022, 22:09:08 »
I did not have much time for the project recently, but at least I managed to upload all the archives to my hosting.

A new site is currently in construction:

http://knytt.comhon.cz/

Offline Lit Knob

• Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2023, 00:51:10 »
I just realized that 6 of your gradients don't work, because they are 4-bit.
KS doesn't support bit depths lower than 8-bit
"The flaw expert" -egomassive

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2023, 11:20:31 »
I think I never actually used these, just converted them sometime in the past from during the times on old forum, when photo based gradients were a thing for a while.
I'll include the fixed versions anyway in the new version of the archive.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2023, 00:56:22 »
I have an archive of 500+ tilesets from 10-14 years ago. However, I'm not sure which of them are free to use. I know there's at least one set of tilesets in there that wasn't fully free to use at the time but which I got permission for from the creator (Sinix's Island of Mimir sets); there's some others that have "no use!" notes at the bottom but I'm not sure if those were superseded by a permission given in a forum thread, later - I suspect that is why I downloaded them in the first place, because I don't know why I would have, otherwise - but I don't know for sure, because I simply don't remember. I would *hope* I didn't put tilesets that weren't permitted to be used in my general tileset folder but... mistakes do happen.

Would like to share that archive/add it to the community archive but that permission situation is giving me a bit of a headache.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 11:20:03 by Hmpf »

Offline Lit Knob

• Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2023, 03:39:49 »
there's some others that have "no use!" notes at the bottom but I'm not sure if those were superseded by a permission given in a forum thread, later - I suspect that is why I downloaded them in the first place, because I don't know why I would have, otherwise - but I don't know for sure, because I simply don't remember. I would *hope* I didn't put tilesets that weren't permitted to be used in my general tileset folder but... mistakes do happen.
Answered here: https://nifflas.lp1.nl/index.php?topic=1258.msg76608#msg76608
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 16:21:16 by Lit Knob »
"The flaw expert" -egomassive

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2023, 07:13:42 »
That would be great! Of course, I will be happy to add it. I recently moved to another flat, and currently have a lot of ongoing projects, but I hope and promise I will find time to catalogize your collection into the archive in near time.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2023, 11:19:03 »
@Comhon: Feel you, re: moving. I moved twice in the last three years, and the mess of the last move still isn't entirely sorted. Ugh.

Will upload the tilesets somewhere, gotta figure out where...

ETA: I'm on holiday in a place with a very bad internet connection, so the uploading will have to wait until I'm home again, in a week and a half or so.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 00:23:17 by Hmpf »

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2023, 22:29:38 »
The tilesets submission was received, I am now sorting and working through it. It might take some time, but I want to release new version of the archive as soon as it will be possible.