Nifflas' games ported to Nintendo 3DS Systems

• 2 Replies
Nifflas' games ported to Nintendo 3DS Systems
« on: February 24, 2018, 13:08:03 »
Hello everyone,

I'm new in this forum, but I've played Nifflas' games when I was younger and I've never found such experience. I was wondering if there's any possibility of these games being all brought to the New Nintendo 3DS console. There's already "NightSky" for it, but "Within a Deep Forest" and "Knytt" would make a far greater experience, if well explored. I'm here to help, don't have the Source Codes, but this is my humble request. Bringing these and other games portably would definitely make them cause an ever greater experience.

With all my heart and intentions!!!!

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
Re: Nifflas' games ported to Nintendo 3DS Systems
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 14:39:40 »
Sorry, but it's not going to happen. Porting a game (especially to a Nintendo console) is lots of hard work, and the interest in the games would be very small. There's a port of Knytt Stories for Nintendo DS (also works on 3DS witha flashcard), but it's very primitive and seldomly works properly (most levels are unplayable).

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
Re: Nifflas' games ported to Nintendo 3DS Systems
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 16:16:06 »
Most of Nifflas' games are free, so what's the point in putting tons of work into porting them when you won't be earning anything from them?

His only non-free games are:

NightSky: Already available.

Knytt Underground: Uses Chowdren, which apparently supports the 3DS, so I guess this one could theoretically work. I imagine it would be a pixelated mess, though.

Affordable Space Adventures, Uurnog Uurnlimited: Both of these games run on Unity. From what I understand, that engine only supports the New Nintendo 3DS.