Forum Logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2017, 05:55:48 | See new unread posts
Home Help Search Arcade Chat Login Register

nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Level Editing Support  |  FiNCK Level Editing Support  |  Topic: Testing levels in the editor doesn't seem to work « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Testing levels in the editor doesn't seem to work  (Read 335 times)
canteven

Total My honestly gotten stars: 10

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2017, 20:40:06 »

On any level, I can click "Test", and the editor will ask me if I want to save (Yes, No, or Cancel), but no matter what I click, nothing happens, and I always have to manually load up the world and get to that level by myself.

I already set the game path, I'm pretty sure. I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nifflas\FiNCK and selected FiNCK.exe

There must be someone out of the 35-ish active users on these forums who knows how to fix this.
AA
Global Moderator

Total My honestly gotten stars: 22

Was ITA84

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 11:20:29 »

I don't have the game to test, but just in case: do you have any antivirus or similar software which could be preventing the editor from launching the game?

Videogames are for everyone, by everyone
SilasMann

Total My honestly gotten stars: 25

A Real Horse

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 16:18:39 »

I've had a similar issue before caused by the directory being in Program Files. Moving all of the game files to the Desktop worked for me. Maybe try that? Don't forget the serial on the game page.

This user appeared to have a similar problem. Maybe try that solution?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 17:35:41 by SilasMann » Logged
canteven

Total My honestly gotten stars: 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 01:32:27 »

I've had a similar issue before caused by the directory being in Program Files. Moving all of the game files to the Desktop worked for me. Maybe try that? Don't forget the serial on the game page.

This user appeared to have a similar problem. Maybe try that solution?
This worked! Being in Program Files seemed to prevent it from creating Editor.ini, and thus saving the game path I set. Plus, I can actually edit Game.ini now. Thank you.
Pages: [1] Print 
nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Level Editing Support  |  FiNCK Level Editing Support  |  Topic: Testing levels in the editor doesn't seem to work « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length