[Challenge] [Very Hard/Lunatic] [KS+] The Dithered Temple

• 18 Replies

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: [Challenge] [Very Hard/Lunatic] [KS+] The Dithered Temple
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2018, 02:09:43 »
Nice. How are you handling the AdLib-style music?

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• Sorry excuse for a game designer
    • View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2018, 14:53:37 »
@ego: Glad you like it. I like the default title font, but I thought that, since I'm aiming for a "EGA" PC game look with this level, it would only be fitting to mimic the original IBM PC BIOS default font. I just embellished it a little with a few additions of my own (drop shadow, dithered gradient and background). The level will also feature custom sign and subtitle fonts based on the EGA8 set.

@sergio: I'm using only OPL2/3 chiptunes in various formats (AdLib Tracker 2 modules, DOS executables...) for the soundtrack of this level, captured and converted to digital audio using AdPlug/DOSBox and Audacity. The resulting tracks should sound almost exactly like the output of a real AdLib/SoundBlaster FM chip (except that some tracks may be in stereo instead of mono, which was not possible on the original YM3812/OPL2 chip... but oh well :P ).
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2018, 15:56:42 »
It's done! :D  Well... almost. The main part of the level and most of the bonus features I had planned (plus a few others that I wasn't originally planning on adding) are already implemented. The only two things left are the secret Lunatic area (which is what I'll be working on for the next few days) and *maybe* some extra COs and improving a certain cutscene (or maybe not... since I'm quite exhausted already :sick: )

This means the level will soon (most likely next week) be ready for a final testing round before the release. I'm looking for an additional betatester right now, so if you're interested and you're fine with playing Very Hard levels, please post here or send me a PM to let me know! Already got a volunteer, thanks!

Also:

...and I'm trying my hardest not to turn this one into my usual 20+ CO party

Yeah... about that... :P
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 13:33:31 by Vegetal Gibber »
Some KS levels by me:

Offline Vegetal Gibber

• View Profile
    • VG's Games Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 17:15:15 »
It's finally out! :D