Uurnog Uurnlimited announced

• 7 Replies

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
Uurnog Uurnlimited announced
« on: August 30, 2017, 16:45:47 »
Uurnog is about to receive a major upgrade for Steam and Switch. Check out the game's website for details, including a trailer.

Contrary to the Humble-published original version, this one's publisher is a company called Raw Fury. Here's hoping us original buyers will still get it for free regardless.

Offline Wibi

• apologies for the interference
    • View Profile
Re: Uurnog Uurnlimited announced
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 21:14:39 »
On one hand, this looks awesome as hell and I can not wait to get my fingers all over this.

On the other hand... yeah, let's hope owners of Uurnog don't have to pay full price (or anything, really!) for what's just an expanded version. Because seriously, Nifflas has never done this before- paid DLC for a paid game- and I hope the publisher doesn't push him into doing it.

However, this version seems far bigger and more likely to draw in new players, so that's a plus.

Raw Fury is also another new name for me. Hopefully they really get the word out there, this game is the stuff!
Achievements would be a nice feature to have in this (Village is Lava, anyone?)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 23:08:20 by canteven »

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 15:55:23 »
The game was recently shown at some Japanese event. Here's a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOkbaE2QYgA

Not too much new stuff to see here. Just some new doors and getting to see how the dog works.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 21:58:03 »
The Steam version is coming on 16th November: https://twitter.com/rawfurygames/status/928664856290455552

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 21:22:27 »
The game has just been released.

Unfortunately, there's still no news on how owners of the Humble version will get it. So I can't actually play it yet. Combined with the other things that still aren't present, I can't help but feel that the game's release was rushed.

There's also a new trailer, but I honestly find its narration rather cringeworthy. Afraid it'll probably do more harm than good.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 22:00:20 »
There's just been an update on this. Looks like it'll be handled differently depending on how you got the Humble version. Those who got it through Humble Monthly will get it for free, whereas those who purchased it afterwards will get a discount.

That seems like a pretty decent solution, IMO. Considering Humble resorted to borderline false advertising to trick people into believing the game would be exclusive to Humble Monthly at first, it's only fair to compensate those who fell for it.

Offline kilicool64

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 22:12:23 »
In spite of not receiving a notification about this, my key became available. Will start the game tomorrow.

If anyone reading this also got it via Humble Monthly, head to your account's key page. If you bought it separately, you should find what you're looking for on the coupon page instead.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 14:52:43 »
In spite of not receiving a notification about this, my key became available. Will start the game tomorrow.

If anyone reading this also got it via Humble Monthly, head to your account's key page. If you bought it separately, you should find what you're looking for on the coupon page instead.

Coupon is 10% off, so exactly the same as what everyone gets on Steam with the launch discount. Ouch.