Any Ball-Magnet riding tips?

• 1 Replies
Any Ball-Magnet riding tips?
« on: October 05, 2017, 05:27:53 »
I'm replaying Knytt Underground on my Wii U (purchased on sale just to play the game on a console :-)

I never really mastered how to get a ride off the magnet robots while in my Ball form. I tend to kind of point my joystick the direction I want to go, and maybe make some effort not to let the bouncing motion get too out of hand, but I'm really not sure what I'm doing most of the time.

I read once in an article about games that a game of skill becomes a game of luck when the player just doesn't have the skill needed :-)   And that's about my case when I'm trying to move around via robot magnet. I bounce crazily around, and I try to keep my eye out for a moment when I'm in roughly the correct spot, and then I transform and jump and see what happens.

I have been playing this game for years now, and there's no sign that I'm ever going to get any better at this :-o

Can anyone offer a better explanation of what's happening during all the fast bouncing, or what I should be trying to do?  Maybe a strategy or a tactic or something?  :-)

Thanks.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Any Ball-Magnet riding tips?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 08:42:13 »
What you want to do is jump to the opposite side of the magnet of where you want to go. When you are about to go there, engage the magnet and it should automatically move you to the other side. Now, you have to time your release so it doesn't pull you back. Once released, repeat the steps, but with the next magnet. So move to the spot opposite of where you want to go.

You should imagine a line from the moment you grab the magnet, through the magnet to the other side. Thats on estimate where you'll go.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex