[Hard] [Medium] [Maze with some tricky jumps] Maze

• 6 Replies
[Hard] [Medium] [Maze with some tricky jumps] Maze
« on: December 25, 2017, 04:58:17 »
This is my first ever maze level. I mainly wanted to play around with Mylveri's black and white tileset and see how many interesting screens I could make. If you manage to progress far enough into the maze, you'll find a second, more colorful, area to explore.

Download from knyttlevels

[mod]By the screenshots alone, I can see this is definitely NOT a trickjump map. Changed it to Challenge instead[/mod]
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 22:29:13 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Re: [Hard] [Medium] [Maze with some tricky jumps] Maze
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 23:29:46 »
I'm enjoying this maze very much and have made it to the second, more colorful, area. Is this new, colorful area only one screen? I'm stuck and can't find a way to leave it.

Thanks for the new levels you have uploaded! This is the first I've played so far.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 12:29:12 »
@jeanbeane: If you're talking about the area I think you're talking about, you save there - you're stuck. You'll need to start over. (You'll note it isn't particularly explorable...)

Initially I thought you were talking about one of the couple spots you can get irreversibly wedged. (Probably be reporting these later.)

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 21:06:25 »
Because there is a save in this screen (see attached), I was thinking that surely there was a way to exit and explore the "second, more colorful, area to explore", mentioned by Purple Pineapple. He was probably referring to another area. Luckily, I didn't save.  :)

Thanks for the reply scratskinner.!

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 22:48:48 »
@jeanbeane: I do suspect this confusion was intentional. I was lucky enough to miss that screen entirely my first time through. Imagine my surprise when the first thing I saw peeking in the level editor (after reaching the end, or course) was a screen I hadn't got to!

Spoiler: slightly off topic... (click to show/hide)

@Purple Pineapple: I think this is the best of your latest levels.

So, the two places you can get stuck:

x994y995 x8y1
x1009y1004 x9y7

EDIT:Some sort of same screen shift may fix this, if you don't care to alter the architecture. Given your intro for Escape the Spikes, you suppose you could find an entertaining sound to attach to it?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 23:00:57 by scratskinner »

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 22:27:52 »
@jeanbeane That area is just a secret. I'm not sure why I decided to put a save point in there tbh. In hindsight, that was probably a bad idea.

@scratskinner Thanks for the detailed feedback. :O I didn't even know it was possible to have a one-way trap like that.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Lurk more.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 15:49:28 »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)