• 3 Replies

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
[Game] Unearth
« on: January 27, 2018, 09:27:03 »
I made another game!

You can download it here!

Unearth is a puzzly kind of platforming game where you dig down and pick up gold. It's got a very simple story and three difficulty modes that transform the game from an easygoing platformer to a hardcore puzzlegame more along the lines of what you'd expect from the sadist who made Deep Freeze. It was made in two weeks for a game jam and I'm quite proud of it, so I hope you guys give it a go!
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: [Game] Unearth
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 15:01:56 »
From the Awful Jam page...
Quote from: Ultigonio
Team Members:
It's just me. All by myself. I'm scared!
^That^ made me lol. The game is not the least bit awful, so that was a bit misleading. I finished the easy mode with no medals. Mid-way through the first level, I never figured out what the white boxes with x's were supposed to mean. I got past that with dynamite.

Offline Ultigonio

• I'm sleepy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 21:00:45 »
The game is not the least bit awful, so that was a bit misleading. I finished the easy mode with no medals. Mid-way through the first level, I never figured out what the white boxes with x's were supposed to mean. I got past that with dynamite.
Hahaha, yeah, the guy who runs the website has been wanting to change the name because it's a bit misleading.

I expected the "tap" and "hold" prompts to help, I guess taking them away at that midway spot made things confusing? Hmmm...
Indefinitely Held Off:
Pouring
Complete:
This Level Plays Itself!

My SoundCloud

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 05:54:33 »
Tap and Hold!!! I invented that!* Now I feel really dumb for not figuring it out.

*Disclaimer: It's possible I didn't invent it first.

Edit: Ah! I figured it out. I didn't realize the charged punch works at a distance. So, just hold then, not tap-and-hold. I totally mis-read you there. I was even doing it where those cage things are, but I thought they were the reason for the extended range. Don't be discouraged by my ineptitude. I'm sure it's straightforward for most people.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 06:05:11 by egomassive »