[Quiz/Humor] The Impossible Quiz

• 22 Replies

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
[Quiz/Humor] The Impossible Quiz
« on: May 13, 2009, 07:08:18 »
The Impossible Quiz is a quiz by Splapp-Me-Do. The questions don't make sense, and they're not always quesions, but, with practice (and luck) you may be able to beat the so-called "Impossible" Quiz. Seriously, it makes no sense. o.o
WARNING: For mature audiences only due to language, blood, and...stuff...you don't want to see.
Spoiler: The Impossible Quiz (click to show/hide)
Click to play The Impossible Quiz.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 07:10:57 by Pumpkinbot »
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: [Quiz/Humor] The Impossible Quiz
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 12:15:41 »
Nice game. Going to put in a spoiler how to get past certain screens. (the answers) Don't read if you haven't figured them out yourself. This is just to get quicker to the last answer without remembering each option if you died...

Spoiler: Q1 to Q10 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Q11 to Q20 (click to show/hide)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 13:15:13 »
oh yeah that's how I did this back in the days when I first found it: writing down the answers to be prepared for trial and error. XD
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 03:55:26 »
Cheaters. <_< You're supposed to do it by memory.
Lurk more.

Offline TheoX

• Lost in retro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 05:13:24 »
I memorized it the few years ago that I did it.  But I could never get past that one clicking-the-dots game near the end (damn those final 10!  DAMN THEM!)
Miscellany:
My Website
My Chiptune Music
Currently: Having fun at college.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 15:25:18 »
Yeah, this is really a waste of time, I think.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 16:01:31 »
I still don't get what made this game so popular, frankly.  It exhibits a small degree of cleverness, followed by taking things way too far, very silly gimmicks, and a game that is, in my opinion, thoroughly poorly done and uninteresting.

If that makes sense.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 01:41:58 »
*throws various objects at Salmoneous, PONTO, and Minmay* *strongly disagrees with Salmoneous, PONTO, and minmay*

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 01:49:53 »
well, I like the game. It is funny, clever, and how many cool quiz games are there?

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 01:59:58 »
well, I like the game. It is funny, clever, and how many cool quiz games are there?
There's a second one, if you liked this one. Check lower on the board.

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 02:22:29 »
I don't find this very entertaining at all. Some of the questions are mildly clever, but the ones you just have to get by trial and error, and then memorize, ruin it for me. I might find an unintentionally badly designed game funny, but this game simply tries too hard to be irritating/funny (not even in a particularly clever way), and is thus irritating at a deeper level than the superficial irritation it is obviously meant to incite.
good bye

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 02:41:05 »
I don't find this very entertaining at all. Some of the questions are mildly clever, but the ones you just have to get by trial and error, and then memorize, ruin it for me. I might find an unintentionally badly designed game funny, but this game simply tries too hard to be irritating/funny (not even in a particularly clever way), and is thus irritating at a deeper level than the superficial irritation it is obviously meant to incite.
<_<

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 03:30:00 »
and is thus irritating at a deeper level than the superficial irritation it is obviously meant to incite.
uh, wut?  :huh: :P

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 04:43:18 »
I mean, like, the game is obviously meant to make the player angry at the game itself- that is, angry at its tendency to be unfair, and angry at the answers that don't make sense, etc. But since it's doing this on purpose, and it's obviously doing it on purpose, the concept becomes more irritating than the implementation.

It doesn't help that I didn't find any of it funny once it became clear that the game was just interested in being mean, with superficial "funny" stuff meant to motivate the player to finish.

It started out clever. The "click the answer" question and the "24-7=?" question were good, as was the one that required the player to leave the confines of the Flash box thing (literally "thinking outside the box"). These questions are fair, and require lateral thinking. But then the questions that could only be answered by trial and error started to outweigh the clever questions (not necessarily numerically, but in terms of how long it takes to get by them), but the game kept pretending it was clever.
good bye