[Post-apocalypse survival] Urban dead

• 4 Replies
[Post-apocalypse survival] Urban dead
« on: May 21, 2009, 10:27:04 »
Type:
Survival, typing, MMORPG

Description:
well this was on the old forums and i thought it should be here as well.
Description time!  :D
In death, the city stirs. Its borders still locked down after a sudden government quarantine three years ago, Malton's trapped civilians make their way through the derelict buildings, surviving the changing seasons to rebuild their fragmented society from the rubble upwards. Military cleanup squads patrol the empty streets, stationed in the city for the long haul, while embedded scientific groups continue the experiments that brought them here.

And the dead rise up and thrive, trailing through the ruined streets of the city, milling between buildings and clawing through makeshift barricades and diversions, reclaiming the city as their own.

--1,087,861 dead and rising--

P.S also *looks at sig* , so if you see me (Strange Darkness) yell if your a niff forum person  ;) and good stuff will happen

Spoiler: Screenshots: (click to show/hide)
Download:
Main Page
http://www.urbandead.com/index.html

Wiki
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Main_Page
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 11:23:49 by Strange Darkness »

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
Re: [Post-apocalypse survival] Urban dead
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 14:36:46 »
I wonder if this topic will grow as large as the old one...
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 14:48:42 »
The old topic died after everyone lost interest. I don't think this one has much chance of getting as big.

But anyway. This game was fun while it maintained its interest. However, I found that most of the interest was in the meta-gaming- planning out how to capture and maintain a base, plotting an assault on a survivor stronghold, thinking of how to get to the next ammo source, keeping up revive points, inter-group politics, planning how to level up best, the conflicting playstyles (pro-human, pro-zombie, dual nature, PKer, etc.). I stayed interested for a while, but the game really doesn't have any sort of long-term objectives- just the short-term objective of survival (or staying dead), and it was pretty clear that the game isn't ever going to resolve itself in a victory for survivors or for zombies.
good bye

Offline Dynamite

• Stuck in a coloured spectrum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 09:18:14 »
lol, it will die cause the only screenshot is one of the main menu....

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 10:59:34 »
lol, it will die cause the only screenshot is one of the main menu....
thats not the main menu thats in-game XD and no this will not grow large as the old one
aslo the old one had no pictures so consider yourself lucky  :P2  X-P  XD  X)  C)  :^^: